University of Tasmania International Pathway College Scholarships
Scholarships valued up to 25% of tuition fees are available for pathway programs
No application is required. Applicants are automatically assessed after submitting their application for an eligible course.
The Standard Scholarship applies to all pathway programs at University of Tasmania International Pathway College and covers up to 15% of tuition fees for the below courses
The Merit Scholarship applies to all pathway programs at University of Tasmania International Pathway College and covers up to 25% of tuition fees based on Academic and English excellence
- Foundation/Diploma – Applicant must display an overall credit average grade from high school and overall IELTS 6.0 (no band below 6.0) or equivalent.
- Graduate Certificate – Applicant must display an overall credit average grade in previous degree and overall IELTS 6.5 (no band below 6.5) or equivalent
- This award is exclusively for new international students.
- Applicant must apply to commence study in 2024 for one of programmes that offered by University of Tasmania International Pathway College.
- Applicants must meet the academic and English language entry requirements for their chosen course.
- Students must be classified as international fee-paying students paying the full international tuition fee rate to be considered for this discount.
- The discount is awarded for the first year of study only and is deducted from gross tuition fees upon enrolment. The scholarship cannot be used in lieu of any required deposit and no cash alternative is available.
- If students wish to defer their entry to the UTASIPC programmes to 2025, the scholarship will not be automatically transferred. However, the student will be automatically assessed with the new scholarship scheme for 2025 when it’s available.
- Students must be self-funded.
If the application is successful, we’ll notify the applicant by email confirming the details of the scholarship.
Please reach out to admissions team for details on your eligibility.
Tasmania International Scholarship (TIS)
The TIS provides commencing international students with a 25% reduction in registered tuition fees for the duration of their course (provided satisfactory grades are maintained).
All international students who submit an International Student Application to study in an undergraduate degree (with the exception of the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Dementia Care and AMC Seafaring courses) will be automatically assessed for the TIS Scholarship by our Admissions Team.
This scholarship is also available to international students applying for postgraduate coursework degrees (with a few course exceptions).
As students are assessed automatically for the TIS upon submission of their application, there is no need to apply separately, nor do recipients need to apply for ongoing eligibility.
Foundation Studies Program (FSP) to Degree Scholarship
This scholarship provides international students who have completed the University’s Foundation Studies Program (FSP) with a 10% tuition fee reduction in their undergraduate coursework program.
The scholarship is available for all undergraduate programs (with the exception of the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree).
Applicants are automatically assessed after submitting their application for a FSP to Degree package. FSP graduates who are not successful in being awarded a TIS for their degree studies will still be entitled to this scholarship (excluding Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree).
Enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe that university is an enriching experience that should be open to everyone, regardless of their background.
We offer many scholarships for international students. They can be awarded on merit or to provide access to university. Our scholarships can help you with your fees or with your move to Tasmania.
Once you’ve completed a semester of study with us, as a continuing student, you’ll be eligible for the same scholarships as domestic students. International students completing years 11 and 12 onshore in Australia can also apply for the same scholarships as domestic students.
The ASEAN Scholarship provides eligible international students commencing study in 2022 with a 15% reduction in tuition fees for the duration of their course.
To receive the scholarship, you must be a citizen of an ASEAN country and be commencing full fee-paying study of an eligible course at the University for the first time. This includes citizens of Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
The South Asia Scholarship provides eligible international students commencing study in 2022 with a 15% reduction in tuition fees for the duration of their course.
To receive the scholarship, you must be a citizen of a South Asian country and be commencing full fee-paying study of an eligible course at the University for the first time. This includes citizens of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bhutan.
International students on a Student Visa (subclass 500) must continue to satisfy the criteria for the grant of a visa and must maintain satisfactory attendance in your course and course progress for each study period as required by the University of Tasmania.