International First Year Diploma Business (X1B)
The University of Tasmania International First Year Diploma – Business program has been developed to meet the needs of students who are academically capable of undertaking undergraduate study at university but require extra Academic English language support in their first year.
Students will also benefit from a targeted introduction to academic, cultural, social and practical aspects of study at the University of Tasmania which may differ from the diverse international backgrounds they come from.
Successful completion of the program allows for direct entry into the second year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Tasmania.
- Duration: 8 – 9 months
- Location: Hobart’s Sandy Bay Campus (Semester 1, Semester 2, IPC Semester 3)
- CRICOS Code: 0100203
1. To demonstrate a coherent understanding of a discipline’s first year undergraduate level through identifying, describing and explaining foundational theories, concepts, principles, models and processes.
2. To critically apply this understanding to routine and relevant problems and settings and to make subsequent interpretations and recommendations.
3. To demonstrate intellectual independence, impartiality and sound judgement within general academic and specific disciplinary ethical and legal frameworks.
4. To effectively communicate ideas and findings to specialist and non-specialist audiences in written and oral formats using appropriate conventions and logical development supported with evidence and research.
Careers requiring business and management skills are growing fast. National Skills Commission’s most recent report shows that job growth will be highest in jobs requiring higher level qualifications.
Some of the careers projected to grow into 2026 based on Labour Market Insights five year projections from November 2021 to November 2026 and 2022 Graduate Outcomes Survey.
Management and Organisation Analyst
Advertising and Marketing Professionals