International First Year Diploma Science - ICT (X1D)
The International First Year Diploma – Science and ICT (Information and Communication Technology) program has been developed to meet the needs of students who are academically capable of undertaking undergraduate study at university but require extra Academic English language support in their first year.
Students will also benefit from a targeted introduction to academic, cultural, social and practical aspects of study at the University of Tasmania which may differ from the diverse international backgrounds they come from.
Successful completion of the program allows for direct entry into the second year of an undergraduate degree.
- Duration: 8 – 9 months
- Location: Hobart’s Sandy Bay Campus (Semester 1, Semester 2, IPC Semester 2, IPC semester 3)
- CRICOS Code: 0100205
- Explain foundational theories, concepts, principles, models, and processes relating to relevant sciences.
- Develop solutions, make interpretations and recommendations relating to routine and relevant science problems.
- Analyse information and ideas in general academic and specific disciplinary contexts.
- Communicate ideas and findings to specialist and non-specialist audiences, in written and oral formats using appropriate conventions.
Information and Communication Technology is a core function of industries all over the world. It contributes to everything from maintaining a company’s daily operations, to eScience, productivity gains, innovation, expansion, and job growth. This gives you truly global job opportunities, allowing you to forge a great career wherever your interests take you.
This is a career that rewards professionals who can take initiative and work independently, and rewards those who can multi-task and adapt. It is great for people who like to lead, as well as those who like operating in a team environment.